We are pleased to offer this weekly Bible study. Please complete the following lesson. Use your Bible to look up the answers you need. A free Bible is available online from Bible Hub at https://biblehub.com/niv/ Answers to this lesson are at the bottom of this post.
2 Timothy 3:16 teaches us that the bible is God’s word. It has come to us directly from God’s mouth! “All Scripture is >> 1 << out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.”
THE BIBLE IS OUR ONLY AND SUFFICIENT AUTHORITY
The Bible is lasting. God says in Matthew 24:35, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my >> 2 << pass away.”
The Bible is trustworthy. 2 Timothy 3:16 says, “All Scripture is >> 3 << out by God and profitable for teaching…”
The Bible is truth. John 17:17 says, “Sanctify them in the truth; your >> 4 <<.”
THE BIBLE IS GOD’S VOICE FOR OUR LIVES
The Bible shows us God. The Bible was written so that we could understand who created us. It is the means by which God speaks to us. It is a letter of love, written for us. In it we learn what God is like!
The Bible directs our present life. The Bible teaches us how to live, and gives us laws and guidelines for our own good.
The Bible reveals our future life. The Bible shows us the way to heaven, in that it shows us Jesus, who has gone to prepare a place for us. It tells us what is to come!
THE BIBLE IS OUR SPIRITUAL FOOD
Read 1 Peter 2:2 and Matthew 4:4.
The Bible keeps us healthy. A balanced diet consists of reading, studying, and meditation.
The Bible is for our instruction. Set aside a specific time to be quiet and alone with God’s word.
- In the reading of the Bible, it is good to have a plan, and the best plan is to begin with the Gospels. A good place to begin is the Gospel of John.
- Take small bites, reading through short passages of scripture at least two times before asking yourself questions such as: “What is God teaching me about Himself, or about the Holy Spirit? What is He teaching me about myself?” etc.
- Finally, choose a verse that stood out to you, and perhaps even memorize it.
- End the time with prayer and giving thanks to God for what you have learned, and ask Him to help you to follow Him.
The Bible is for our growth. The Bible is the Word of God, and He speaks to us as we read it. As we meditate on it, we establish a dialogue between God and ourselves. If we approach it with true spiritual hunger, we will profit by the reading of it. Remember, the Bible is a book to be obeyed!
Find a specific time and place each day to be alone with God.
- Choose a Gospel to read.
Pray, asking God to give you the wisdom to understand His word.
Thank you for spending time with us in Bible Study. We welcome your comments for ideas and improvements to our studies. Please feel free to comment using the “Contact Us” button below.
- breathed, 2. words will not, 3. breathed, 4. word is truth, 5. listen, 6. Do